Besides our special events known as the Second Sunday celebrations at the Artisan Market, Mity Nice gets invited to some fabulous community parties and events too.
Some are private events – birthday parties and an Italian ice party at a senior citizens complex were recent examples. But many are open to anyone, or anyone with a ticket or a place along the sidewalk.
Here’s a look at some of our upcoming events and activities:
- The Zany Umbrella Circus at the Leslie Science & Nature Center. On June 30, we will serve lemonade, Italian ice and other treats to the audience (and donate a percent of sales back to Leslie Science Center). This folk art troupe is fabulous, fun and so funny, so buy your tickets now.
- The Jaycees 4th of July Parade. We’ve been in the parade for a few years, pushing the cart (decorated in bunting and flags and more) and pulling some wagons full of kids and candy alongside our Tea Haus friends. This year, though we’re a sponsor of the parade!
- Huron River Day. This beautiful day – July 15 – out at Gallup Park gives us a chance to drink in the beauty and drink up on lemonade. Plus there’s great kids activities and kayaking for $5.
- The Townie Party. We love this town, and we adore the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, too. So we’re jumping into this tradition on Monday evening, July 16. Our friends from the Tea Haus will bring some delicious flavors of iced tea and we’ll have fresh-squeezed lemonade and many flavors of Italian ice. We’ll be the ones with the red, white and green umbrella and the very cool treats.
- Mystery event. We are not allowed to tell you about this one just yet, but it’s going to be amazing. If you haven’t friended us on Facebook, be sure to do that. That’s where this event will show up first.